Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I open ASA twice instead of having multiple windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopes1211

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
alt-tab will let you flip through the open ASA windows. If you need to see 2 windows/systems at once, just stretch ASA across the desktop.

-CL

i'm aware of this, but was hoping for feedback on how to open the program twice since i have dual monitors at work.

what if i were to change the executable file name?

Just remember to save and make a safe backup of the PERSIST.DAT file before you do any messing around, so you do not lose your configuration

Andy Backs
Dell Services

thanks. no one really answered my question, but i tried accessing the same system from Procomm and that's one way to work around the limitation of ASA.

so i can log in to the same PBX from ASA and Procomm at the same time. it's not perfect, but it does the job.

I have used multiple procomm windows. ASA appears to allow one connection at a time. You cannot even use Terminal Emulator and Gedi at the same time.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

You can also use multiple, simultaneous, browser, ssh and telnet sessions with CopSSH, putty, and other emulators over your network or ras dialup connections.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

It's very simple folks. It's an old Windows trick.
Create a shortcut for ASA on your desktop. You know, right click on your open desktop and select 'New' -> 'Shortcut'. Browse to the ASA.exe file and select it. Now at the end of that directory string that ends in '.exe' press the right arrow key once, hit the spacebar once and type '/n'. Now continue on with creating the shortcut.
Double click the new ASA icon.
Voila! The application. She is open. Now double click the icon again. Voila! The application. She is open in a second window. Now double click the icon again. Voila! The application. She is open a third time. You see where this is going?

'Knows enough to be dangerous. Wait... make that really dangerous.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back