Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can i map a drive to Windows CE box? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcan

IS-IT--Management
Dec 22, 2000
I have 16 LCD displays with sasser virus. i know little of CE and it's inner workings.

Rather than pull them each from there mounts and take them away to program i want to drop the two patches one at a time to install in the 'startup' of win CE.

Can i map to the drive? If not I'm looking at many hours ahead tonight...

thanks for any help.

dan

Sorry ment WIN XP Embedded not CE

I assume you mean "tablet PCs without keyboards" rather than "LCD displays" as monitors can't have viruses.

I don't know much about tablet PCs but if they connect to desktop PCs via ActiveSync, like PocketPCs do, it should be a simple matter to sync to them, navigate to the startup folder and copy files across.

Nelviticus

Not Tablet PC's.

These are LCD displays with XP embedded and correct no keyboards. (small box on the back of it is the XP OS).

They dont connect via active sync (although i wish they did). Installed VNC on each so that i can remotely get on many from my laptop.

As for tablet PC's, I got a few and at least they are full XP which makes life easier...

Thanks for the input. Once complete I will try to get Active sync on them (who knows it may work)

Dan

Hi Dan,
I'm only familiar with the Wyse implementation of XP Embedded, but that should be similar...
There is no reason why you should not be able to use a log in script with a net use command. I have been doing it for years. You would, of course, need to be able to hit that computer through the network from that XP embedded device...

Let me know if this helps...

Paintballer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back