Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I make a rule which makes emails from a mailbox in public folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZRLA

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
DK
Hi

I have recently installed W2K SBS because we want to migrate from Novell Groupwise to Exchange2K.

But in Groupwise I could make a rule to move all incoming items to a certain mailbox to a public folder. It's very important for the production.

So my question is: Can this be done in Exchange2K and how?

Thnx in advance!

Did you setup the rule already? I thought you could do this.

You could also just e-mail the folder instead or I think it will let you choose it as an alternate recipient. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Hi Dan

The problem is that I don't know where to set up the rule.

I have made some rules in Outlook 2K but then they are only activated when the program is open.

/Rune

AD Users and Computers. Make sure you're using Advanced View. Go to the user account Exchange General tab, and check out the Delivery Options. You can forward mails from there....

Thnx. It solved one of my problems ;o)

I need to make a rule which copies incoming emails to a folder of my choice.
I thought that it was possible to forward emails to a folder just like forwarding to other email adresses. But I can't choose a folder in the forwarding box.

Yes, that is what I mean... The only way I have found is to make a rule in Outlook. But then I have to have it open all the time.

Thnx for the answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back