Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I lounch web site from C++ Builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhagaxtuur

Technical User
Apr 15, 2003
CA
Is there a way I can lounch a web site by clicking a form component. I haven't done this before and wondering if someone could point right direction. I looked at WebSnap, EnternetExpress, and WebServices but don't know how to use any of these components. Any sugestions of resource on the net?. Thanks all.

Look at the public articles at or better yet, get a subscription and get the private articles, too.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
[/sup]

Right now, I need answer for my current problem. Could you help me with that?

Howdy,

If you are wanting to open a browser window to a specified location, like I think you are, try this...

Code:
ShellExecute(Form->Handle,NULL,"path_to_file",NULL,NULL,SW_SHOW );

I know this works with a local (i.e. on the same computer) .html file. I dont think it will work with a remote file, at least I could never make it work. Maybe someone else could ring in for a remote file if you need it...

Good luck,
onrdbandit

If we are only animals, how do we decide what is right and what is wrong?

Thank you very much Onrdbandit

That is what I need. If any one could tell me how to execute remote file, that would be nice.

try just writing the URL, like this:
Code:
ShellExecute(Handle,"open","[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.tek-tips.com",NULL,NULL,SW_SHOW[/URL] );

--- LastCyborg ---

Oh sweet!

It was that second parameter that I had wrong. I can't tell you how many times I tried manipulating that function call to get a remote file to open.

Thanks for the clarification...

No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back