Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I list Top Outlets contributing 80% of Total Sales ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am stumped by an apparently innocent question from the user. A State has many outlets. My user wants to look at the top oulets that contribute to certain percentage of total sales in the state. Is there any way to do this in Business Objects?

On a report of outlets with descending sales, I created a variable to compute the running sum of outlet sales as percentage of state total, and hoped to filter the report on on this variable. BO gracefully denied by saying that aggregates cannot be used in complex conditions.

Any tricks and tips? Or, is this question impossible to answer in BO?

Thanks in Advance

Dear drivingmecrazy,

BO can do this to ya sometimes. Can you go into the query, click the slice n dice button. This will display a panel where you should see a ranking button. Click here and a box will open where you can indicate if you want the top or bottom records based on a certain field selected in your query. There should be a drop down box with these fields to select from. This way you should be able to get the top "n" of total sales or sales %. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back