Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I join a call without using "Conference"? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarker2001

Programmer
Oct 20, 2008
US
I have a client with a TDA100 in their big house.
Yep - 10 extensions.
They want to be able to pick up a second phone to join a conversation so both grand parents can talk to kids at once.

I know that they can use the Busy Override feature, but if the person who answers the call hangs up, the call is terminated.

They are older and don't want to have to do the conference thing.

Is there a setting to turn off line privacy?
After RTFM I have not found an answer and am hoping I just missed something simple?

Thanks!

override is the only way, or conference, do they have free buttons, could look at a key with a string to set up conference

Well that's kind of stupid. But I guess that this is a business system and not a residence system.

Do you know if there is a system that has a line privacy setting that can be removed that also uses the KX-T7600 series phones?

TIA

I don't know any telephone system that will allow you to pickup a phone and press the line and take over the call. Override is the only option that will allow it with a 1 digit Push

The Norstar MICS / CICS systems do. You simply turn privacy off in the line programming. But I want to be able to re-use their kx-t7600 series phones.

avaya IPO office can do this on a monitor only basis , intrude the call basis or both by intruding but with no notification to connected users, Panasonics are so not limited!!

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Thanks cwc3.
That sounds like a viable option. I like that you can join a call just by pressing the line button. But, if the first person that was on the call hangs up, is the person who joined the call disconnected as well?
On the TDA, when the first person on the call hangs up he needs to press transfer before hanging up.
This is a problematic for my client. They are elderly and need a simple solution.

No! It won't disconect the call ! the poor mans solution if this is a house with a single dial tone is frog it to another co line position turn ringing off on it and mark it barge in!

CWC3!
I was laughing out loud! That is such a simple "fix".

Thanks!

used the old dual co line key solution on the old vodavi sp 2448 .that system did not have barg in. we also had to light lights on 1a2 key strips... there were a load of single line sets on the system and customer had three lines to know which line was ringing way befor caller id .......

I was fortunate to never have worked on the 1a2 systems.
My first system was an AT&T System 75, and thet was bad enough with the 3 pair connections and the 6' tall box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back