Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I install office 2000 on Windows XP? 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

farley99

MIS
Feb 12, 2003
US
Can I install office 2000 on Windows XP?

Yes -we're running Word 2000 on XP pro with no problems. If fact you can mix office 2000 and XP if you want -after upgrading to office Xp, several people objected violently to word 2002 (mainly the mail merge function!), so I installed word 2000 along with outlook 2002 etc and it works OK.

Yes. We are running XP Pro OS and Office 2000 on almost all of our machines. Works great.

Is there any point me adding this on???

I have now so here goes ...

Yes works perfect for us under both WinXP HE SP1a and WinXP Pro

As long as you have the correct licensing you can run any version of office under xp

"It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about the problem."
Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990)

Not exactly True aaronjonmartin. I think you would have some trouble installing Word 1.1 on XP!!! [rednose]

Greg Palmer

----------------------------------------
Any feed back is appreciated.

Thanks for the reminder Greg, I wouldnt want to get anybodies hopes up about installing Word 1.1 and them be dissapointed!

"It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about the problem."
Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990)

Although saying that i've had stranger things running thanks to the Compatability Layer of XP.

Greg Palmer

----------------------------------------
Any feed back is appreciated.

You can also do it the other way round. i.e. you can install office xp onto a lower OS such as Win98 or Win2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back