Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I insert a sum in the chart section or just below?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilB2

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
I have numerous detail reports with a sum at the end (footer), but no sum in the chart, which is in the header section. I'd like to also show the sum just below the chart, since I print it separately. I would rather not make it a separate report, to avoid double-maintenance. I already have a separate summary report, but the chart is more basic; the one in question keeps track of subcategories. Perhaps I can insert another header section just below the chart, but I don't know how I'd get the sum in there.

Perhaps if I move the chart from the header to a footer, the sum will be available? Since I'm going to print it separately anyway, that sounds like something I'll try.

Similarly, I have some reports in which the chart appears at the end (footer), and I seem only to be able to place a summary in the footer. Since I print the footer separately (in color), I would like to have the sum at the end of the report as well as in the footer. Perhaps I need a second footer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back