Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I insert a PCMCIA into a Partner ACS R8 while power is on? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
I have one of those "lights are on, nobody is home" conditions on the ext. ports on the 509 R8.

It came up again and I want to put a backup card in and do a quick #124 but don't want to risk power cycling it to insert the card.

Before you ask, they have this thing in a closet where the PC card would hit the door which is why it's not already in there. :)

Denver told me years ago, it's not an issue on the Legend, but the ACS could be a whole different story!

anyone have a thought?

Thanks

no problem , put it in do your backup , take it back out

forgot to tell you make sure you take off auto backup after to not get a backup error

Thank you. When I got there, it was down again, but they were closing up shop. I will see what the status is tomorrow.

I'm wondering in general if when the "lights are on, nobody is home" condition occurs, if the admin port still works. I was trying that theory but need to find a 32 bit windows 7 PC, as I couldn't load the admin software on my 64 bit even with various compatibility settings. If I am able to draw a backup out through the admin port when a processor is in this kind of condition, I will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back