Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I have more than one autochanger? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2001
US
We have an extra autochanger available (STKL20) in our environment. I already have an STKL20 hooked up to my backup server. Can I hook up this extra autochanger to my backup server and run backups on both libraries? In effect, I would have one backup server backing up to two STK libraries with 2 tape drives each.

Also, I already have one Legato autochanger license for up to 256 slots. I am only using 20 slots, but do I need to purchase another autochanger license for the new library or will my present license cover both libraries, which will only have a total of 40 slots?

Except for the 2 'base licenses', Workgroup and Business Edition, you may have more than one jukebox in your NW 'Data Zone'.

However, be aware:
- Each jukebox needs a separate license
- Each license must cover the number of slots reported to NetWorker
- If you have autochangers of different sizes, NW uses a jukebox license for the 'next' installed jukebox in sequence.
This means that you better install a jukebox and then add the appropriate license.
This helps you assigning the correct license to the jukebox. Otherwise, you
might use a 'big' license for a smaller jukebox and NW would complain about a license to 'small' for the
bigger autochanger.

Great. Not the news I wanted hear regarding the licensing issue, but thanks for the explanation!

Try calling up your sales rep or Legato Licensing and ask if you can trade your 256 slot license for one 32 slot license and one 64 slot license. You may save mone this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back