Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I flag an e-mail in a folder other than the inbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianemarie

Instructor
Jul 11, 2001
US
If I put a flag on an e-mail message and then move it to another folder that I created as a subfolder of my inbox, the reminder does not pop up on my screen. Is there any way to get e-mails filed in other folders to still give you the pop-up reminder?

Not as far as I can see ... or at least you can flag it, but you don't get the popup reminder. From how I read the Help notes, the popup reminder only applies to the message coming into the inbox.

Maybe someone else knows better?

LRH

Thank you LRH. I think you might be right about this and it's a little disappointing. I tend to organize e-mails out of my inbox into subfolders, and the flag doesn't help much if it doesn't give a reminder once it's filed in another folder.

Keep all your mail in your inbox and use the View -> Sender view and the flags will stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back