Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I export a chart from a report in access

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeF

Technical User
Nov 30, 2000
US
I was attempting to create a power point presentation the other day and I wanted to include some charts I had created in access reports. Is there any way to export these charts? I tried exporting to Excell and Word, but only the numerical data from the reports shows up; the charts were excluded.

NO. But you can set up an automation process to put the data into the poerpoint table used by the chart.

MichaelRed
redmsp@erols.com

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Michael

This is fairly old thread but I find it quite interesting to be able to drop the data in PowerPoint. How did you achieve?

Cheers

AK

This is a bit of a cheat but it works with Outlook, so I think it may work with power point, and you have to to do it, I haven't worked out a way to automate it.
Recreate the graphs on a form, copy and paste in design views will do most of this.
Open the graph form.
Select the the graph all nicely populated etc.
right click, copy, open powerpoint, (or an email as I did it.) and paste.
In the email an image of the graph is copied.
Dirty I know but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back