Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can i do this with scenes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmagerr

Technical User
Aug 11, 2001
US
Hey guys what's up? I'm kinda new to flash (MX) I'm trying to do something and i'm not sure if i'm doing it correctly. I am creating a flash website. I created a scene of 2 metal doors opening with sound. i want to lay that over my main flash site so when you go to the site, the two metal doors will open and you'll see the website. so how do i accomplish this. I have 2 scenes. The main webpage and the doors opening. Thanks in advance.

I would advise not doing it with scenes. I would put the underlying website on a lower layer than the doors animation, but on the same scene. The doors opening won't affect your website that hides underneath. After the animation has run for the doors opening, I would have the rest of the frames in that layer terminated. The only other real option is loadMovie(), which is a pain in the butt if it can be done more efficiently.

yes avoid scenes at all cost

best solution is to use 3 swf for this

first (call it index) has only an emptymovie clip on stage prob. in top left hand corner with an instance name (holder say)
then in frame 1
loadMovie("doors,swf",holder);

and in the last frame of doors
loadMovie("website.swf",holder);

hmmm ok, i'm not sure i understand completely. What i want to do is have it so when the doors are opening, you can see the website main page behind them. Like it's opening onto the website. Then i'm going to hve a button so when you leave, they'll slam shut. So what you guys are suggesting, will it accomplish what i'm after? Sorry i'd try it but i'm at work right now.

no it wont

have doors opening on a higher level then the website...both movies starting at the same time...both in the same fla is easiest...although you could also load into levels

What I suggested is the easiest possible solution to what you are requesting. If you run a normal preloader to make sure that all of your frames are loaded, you can start the animation of the doors opening upon the conclusion of the preloader. If you made the doors sequence a movie clip with the first several frames opening the doors, and then the last frames closing the doors, with a couple of well placed stop(); commands you can have a button open and close the doors quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back