Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I display more than one column(field) in my DBList control? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bas

Programmer
Jan 13, 1999
US
I am relatively new to VB and I have successfully poplulated a DBList control with a field from a table. I'd like to display 2 fields from the same table in my DBList control. How can I do that?

In the properties of your control, it gives you the option to choose the number of columns you want.

I am familiar with the columns property for a listbox control, but I don't see a columns property for a DBList control, am I missing something?

I found a way around that limitation, merging the fields that i want <br>
<br>
select name +"-"+ phone as nam from table<br>
<br>
and then use the nam field to populate the control.<br>
<br>

It sounds like you may be interested in some of the same things as me, and I'm wondering if you can help.<br>
<br>
I am trying to create a multi column dropdown combo box that will allow drop and drag of more than one entry in the line. In the dropdown, I can view the row and multiple columns, but I can only choose one of the entries to be bound or linked to a cell within excel to be "dropped and dragged" into place. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back