Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I create animations in Premiere Elements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMoss

Technical User
Jan 31, 2007
US
Hi

This is what I need to do...

I want to do a simple animation of a talking head that I will roughly sync with a voice track and have some Christmas music in the background. The voice track will come from a voice program that I have that speaks with a British accent.

Nothing complex the mouth will simply move when the voice is talking and not when there is a pause.

What I need to is to know how I can create the clips of the head with the mouth moving and not moving along with a couple of eye blinks etc.

I can string the clips together and change the speed to get the length of the segments I need.

I can create the frames in Photoshop; I do this then make the animations with Image Ready once in a while and save the files as .gif files.

How can I do this and make a file that is importable to Adobe Premiere Elements, for example Avi, Wmv or Mpeg, something like that?

Can this be done in Premiere?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Mike

Hi

Ok I think that I figured this out for my self.

After posting the message above I realized that instead of looking in help for “How do I create an animation?” and things like that I looked up importable file types.

It appears that I can import the .gif animation files from Image Ready into elements directly. Great this will let me do it in a program that I am familiar with.

If this doesn't work I'll be back.

Mike

Hi

Got my Christmas animation done worked great, lip sinc and all. Worked great.

Mike

Well, I just saw this thread, and I thought that sounded like a pretty neat idea! Any way you could post a link to where we could see your work?

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Pretty neat. Hopefully after some other things are tidied up, I'll get a chance to mess around with something like this just for fun. [smile]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back