Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I create a CMS report to alert my phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irvineguy

MIS
Feb 7, 2006
US
I need to somehow create a CMS report that would monitor a certain VDN. When that VDN has activity, have the CMS report alert me. If possible by lighting up a light on my phone.

Can this be done?

Get with your Avaya account rep and have them price out supervisor paging for you - it is an add on that requires PSO involvement. We have activated it at one our our sites and it seems to be working fine.

Did you try to use vustats?
The vustats shows data from cms on your phone's display.
It could look like this:
change vustats-display-format 1 Page 1 of 1
VUSTATS DISPLAY FORMAT

Format Number: 8 Object Type: vdn
Next Format Number: none Update Interval: 30
Data Field Character: $
Number of Intervals:

Format Description: Waiting=$$$$$$$

Data Type Format Period Threshold
1: calls-waiting

On the phone add button vu-display Fmt: 1

BBednar

Vustats can be managed for example in Avaya Site Administration (ASA, software to manage PBXs Avaya). It is set in PBX, not in CMS server (using CMS Supervisor sftw).
ASA commands:
change vustats-display-format 1
change station xxxx - on page of buttons add button "vu-display"

BBednar

Ok I added a new Vu stat. Not sure what to do next? I hit the Stat button. Do I enter the VDN I want to monitor?

I managed to figure out how to use it by press the # key.

However, it keeps on displaying a 0 and no other numbers, even on VDN that I know are taking calls.

Also is there a way to keep the stat up? The screen goes back to the menu after a few seconds.

Try presing vu-stats, then enter the VDN number on your keypad, then press #.

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back