Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I convert Lotus 123 Macros to Lotus Script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kms

Technical User
Apr 17, 2000
US
Is there an easy way to convert Lotus Macros in an existing spreadsheet to Lotus Script?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I do not want a script to just &quot;call&quot; a macro, I want the macro to become script.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have found the chart of Macro commands and equivalent LotusScript, but is there a less painful way than picking through piece by piece and/or re-recording. I am still new to Lotus Scripting.<br>Thanks<br> <p> kms<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>...Subscribing to a lifetime of learning, as well as applying and teaching...

Hey did you ever get a response to this question ?<br><br>please reply at <A HREF="mailto:danelliott@mpainc.com">danelliott@mpainc.com</A>

A quick conversion is not possible, the .RunMacroText method is the simplest way to access Macros. Alternatively the help files for Lutus 123/Lotus Script give a good overview of the 123 Object model and any experienced Excel/VBA user could pick it up quite quickly.

Regards,

Nick

Hello,
I am looking at also converting Macros to LotusScript.
Did you get any useful feedback from your questions ?

Also, do you know where I can find the chart of Macro commands and equivalent LotusScript ? Please reply to: cwells@au1.ibm.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back