Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I Consolidate Licenses from Several Old Controller Units into One

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinetintl

Vendor
Mar 15, 2010
US
I am designing a project where I am planning to retire several 406 and maybe, depending on the cost several 500 V1 units.
I have upgraded a ton of system with VM Pro and other licenses that are re-used on the new system however I have not tried consolidating licenses from several old units into one. I assume that as long as I tell Avaya the SD card number where I want the licenses to be activated/transferred and I return the Key and/or the dongle I should be good to go, right?

I ask the question because ATAC answered: "not sure what you can or cannot do". Not a very good answer when you are trying to put together a proposal.

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

You can do a dongle swap with your distributor and move licenses from one unit to another, but you can't pick certain licenses off one dongle to another. Its all or nothing.

yes you can we have done it a few times you can move the licences from 1 dongle\card onto 2 so with a bit of moving around you can do what you want. be carefull though as if you dont send the old card back you will be charged for all licences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back