Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can i conference in a CDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myuserid7

MIS
Mar 2, 2005
ES
Hi all,

My agents need to play a declaration to clients during skillset calls and have them accept it (voice recorded) and i had the idea that perhaps we could conference in an acquired cdn that has a symposium script simply playing the declaration then disconnecting.

something like:::

OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT declaration_ann
END VOICE SESSION
DISCONNECT

....however when attempting to conference, the cdn picks up for me, but on my handset i cant connect the two calls (yes conference works on other lines).

is there something im missing? or does anyone know a better way to perform this same function?

thanks heaps in advance.
mw

So, let's understand what you are trying to do...

1. Agent answers call
2. During the call, the agent needs to play a message to caller
3. Call needs to continue as normal

That it? Or does the caller have to press a digit to continue the call?

Thats right,
1. agent answers call
2. collects customer info
3. (at the moment) reads declaration message to customer
4. continues call

step 3 needs to be replaced by my proposed solution... or something similar, as many agents skip important sections when reading the declaration and customers have complained and claimed comphensation in past.

I believe the problem may be that the open voice session is already a conferenced call.

ahhhh ok, so any ideas of how we might accomplish this?

Why not just play your announcement before queueing to the agent, with a collect digit? If the caller accepts, then queue to the agent, else play message and disconnect.

I agree with mte0910 this is probably the only way it is going to work. Using a symposium controlled CDN to deliver a mid call message simply will not work as you require.

However, try creating a message on a RAN device that is not symposium controlled, on a MIRAN port or Call Pilot for example. I believe that you would be able to conference this in successfuly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back