Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I combine password-protected pdfs in Pro8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enterusername

Technical User
Oct 9, 2007
GB
Hi, my first post, I'm seriously out of my depth with this, so here goes... we have a number of pdf files, some of which are password-protected, and what we are aiming at is using the adobe 'combine pdfs' feature to create one pdf file from a series. Adobe will not let us proceed without the passwords for the protected pdfs - is there any way around this, or is there a way to convert the protected pdfs to, say, a word doc, to combine into one then reconvert back to pdf format.
Thanking you in advance, Andy

Hi, thanks for that, I was considering downloading software that will hopefully let me combine the pdfs, having searched these forums in more detail.
I have now spoken to the supplier (govt agency) of the secured pdfs, and it's actually against their copyright to basically hack into their pdfs to join them up with others. They have suggested doing as others do and just having a CD-R with a series of pdfs on, as opposed to one easily emailed pdf - not ideal.
The other (messy) option is to print them off to hard copy (breaks copyright again), scan them into a word doc, convert to pdf, then combine all the docs easily, but that's not acceptable either.
Argh.
Thanks anyway for the input, looks like it's a no-go if I want to stay within copyright legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back