Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I code "sections" of FM file to print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webfaktor

Technical User
May 22, 2001
Say, for example, I have one Framemaker file and this one file consists of ten pages divided into 8 sections. Section 4 is on pages 5 and 6. My goal is to print section 4 only without entering any page numbers in the print window. The question is— Can I code the sections within a file that will allow me to generate a printout of a specific section or sections within this file? In this case, could I generate a printout of section 4 only without inserting page numbers into the print window?

The only solution I can think of is to use conditional text (e.g. a different condition for every section) and then hide sections you're not interested in (or vice versa, show sections you're interested in).

Another possible solution:

- Make a file of every section
- create a new book and insert all section files in that book
- now you can print singular files by right clicking the files in the book, without regarding or entering any page numbers.

Thomas M. Reuter
Munich
-------------------
[Mac G4DP, OS 10.2.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back