Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I Change the sort order of a graph? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHear1

Technical User
May 4, 2001
US
I have a report with two summary groups that roll up into a graph. The graph shows total tickets open per group and breaks down each bar in groups as to how long the tickets have been open in days.
I want to change the order of how the groups are currently displaying. i.e. - Tickets open "0 to 5", "6 to 10", ...
If there is not a simple way, can I hard code an order by using SQL?
Example:
-----------------------
1| 2| 1| 4|8 My attempt at a bar.
-----------------------
1 ticket open "6 to 10" days
2 tickets open "0 to 5"days
1 ticket open "11 to 20" days
4 tickets open "31 & up" days
Obviously I would want the above to be sorted sequentially.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Jeff

You should be able to highlight the group field in the chart expert "on change of" area->order->specified order->select the options from the dropdown in the order you would like displayed.

-LB

I'm not getting "specified Order" in my "on change of:" drop down menu. I only get group 1 or group 1 & 2 as an option.

Not sure I understand. After you highlight the group in the "on change of" area, the "Order" button becomes visible. Click on that and then choose specified order.

-LB

OK I got that now. I had to use the Advance Button.
Now how do I keep the colors from changing every time I run the report. One time the "0 to 5" is green and the next time it is blue.

Thanks for all you help.

You must be using a higher version than mine (8.0). Not sure how to keep colors constant, but try a search on "chart colors"--I've seen this topic before.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back