Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I burn an ISO image to hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
US
Can I burn an ISO image directly to my hard drive without going through the process of writing it to a DVD? I've got Roxio Easy Media Creator 9.

Sorry, your question doesn't make technical sense. You can create an ISO image on a hard drive. You burn images on to recordable media.

If you are looking to access an ISO image without creating an actual CD or DVD, then you need a Virtual CD/DVD emulator. Daemon tools provides such a function and is free Others exist.

Yes you can burn an ISO to your hdd, then burn that ISO to Cds or Dvds but what are you trying to burn? movie? installation cds?

============================
Hope this helps.

I'm guessing you have downloaded an iso image file and don't want to burn it first to install the app. If so you can use winrar to extract the files in the iso to your hard disk and run the installer from there.

When I was born I was so suprised I didn't talk for 18 months

You could also get DeamonTools or some other dvd emulation software and mount the image

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it.
." - Andrew Jackson

OK, I am in a situation that I want to copy an ISO image to an hdd so I can boot from it. I am familiar with Daemon but that must be run from a Windows environment. I am trying to install another OS (OSX86) which does not recognize IDE drives. My optical drive is my only IDE drive and I'm booting the install from there. Once the install begins, it halts due to this fact. I have an extra SATA drive laying around that I thought I could copy the image to and boot from... any ideas? Thank you in advance..

ricoo,

Welcome to the forum. It is best to start a new thread for a new topic. Makes it easier to help and easier to follow in the future. When you start your new thread, mention the complete machine specs and history, gets better answers.

Tony

Win98 bootable floppy with hard drive and cdrom support.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

yes you can just select the burning device "microsoft image writer" then you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back