Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I backup Historical Report instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

eo

MIS
Apr 3, 2003
Hi

I have set the number of historical instances to be retained in the report history section according to the customer requirements. BUT, some reports run multiple times a day, so the history section gets full pretty quickly. The oldest reports then obviously drops off at the end when the number of historical instances to be retained are reached. I would prefer to keep some of them. Is it possible to copy them to disk, and if so, in which database are they kept.

CE10, SQL.

Many thanks,
Etienne

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Perhaps you should set those instances to be deleted after X number of days rather than the number of instances.

Note that CE does either, number of instances OR number of days old.

-k

Actually what I am after is to back all report instances up/ save to disk so that I can indeed retrieve them in the future if need be.
Surely they must be kept in a folder somewhere. Else where does CE read them from when you look at a historical instance. I am trying to find out where historical instances are kept. If I know that, and can save them (or back them up somewhere appropriate), then I will feel much more comfortable deleting historical instances after x number of days, or x number of instances.

EO
Hertfordshire, England

If I'm not mistaken, the historical instances are kept in the \filestore\output folder but are named in such a way that it is impossible to tell what report instance it is unless you open it.

Sure, you can back them up, and it should be a regular part of your server back up anyway, so you probably already back it up, if not, you're living dangerously.

-k

You can save those files in your own folder and add dateand time or other parameter so that you can easily retrieve those files later.
You have to create one folder where you have Insatlled your CE. Then when you schedule those report you have to click destination
and you have to select unmanaged disk and then you have to set the path, report name and parameter and then update.

Since the files are stored in Output - shouldn't there be some way to query the CMS for the index of which output files belong to which report objects? Just a thought.

DaBuggs
[ponytails]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back