Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can I add exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougjl

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2002
US
I have run into a small glitch. I had installed a fresh server 2000 and exchange 2000 install on my PDC. The upgrade of exchange had crashed and since I had thought I moved everything to personal folders on my clients machines. This is a small network 15 clients one 2000 server and on NT 4.0 server. I didn't think I needed the old exchange anymore anyway so I did fresh install.

My problem is that it turns out not all of the required info was taken off the old exchange server. I have installed 5.5 on another stand alone server on the domain and have gotten the server running and can see that the mailboxes have data in them via 5.5 exchange admin. BUT I can not see this server from the client machines. Is there something I am missing here? Shouldn't both server be able to co-exisit on a mixed nt and 2000 network? Is there some setting I have missed? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Doug

I changed the LDAp port on the 5.5 server, added security permissions for the domain admin on the exchsrvr folder and was then able to edit the properties of the mailboxes of the 5.5 server. None of the mailboxes were associated with the user accounts. I added the accounts to each mailbox and was then able to connect to the server from client machines. Once I had done that I created pst files and was able to extract all the data!!! What a relief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back