Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I add a SUN Storage Device to WIN2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoastKid

Vendor
Jun 3, 2002
US
Hi,
I'm an educated user but not quite a system admin.
I would like to back up a 3 or 4 systems on my network.
Of those systems only 1 has scsi conectivity. Further I only have a SUN scsi autoloader. Is it possible to use the SUN tape drive to backup my windows clients? On the system with a scsi card I'm running WIN2k3 Small Business server.

If anyone can provide some insite I would appreciate it.

No idea, often wondered that myself about some misc Sun equipment... know what i never did though... looked on sun's website and verified if there were available drivers for windows under tech support for that product. If there are, one would have to assume it does work. Otherwise, email them... they should know : )

In theory it should work. I was thinking about hooking some sun stuff up to my workstation one day at a previous job. We had a space A1000 raid cage sitting around, but I never got around to it.

You'll need to make sure that you've got the right cables. I remember something about sun having a couple of different SCSI connectors that have different cables. I don't remember the details. This was 5 or 6 years ago that I heard this info, so it may be out of date.

I'd say checking with Sun support would be the bet.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(Not quite so old any more.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back