Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can hear distant end but distant end cannot hear me

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron2100

Technical User
Jan 24, 2005
CA
Hi,

CS1000
Version 3621
Release 4
Issue 50 W

I have an issue that has appeared on sets on 3 different IPE canbents. Clients will either make or recieve a call and the distant end cannot hear. We did an INI and the problem still persists. Does anyone have any insights on what may be the problem?

Thanks!

OPT 61
VERSION 3221
RELEASE 4
ISSUE 50 W +

We just had a few occurences. It usually coincides with 1/2 audio on a call made immediately after transferring or releasing another call.

My first thought is the Firmware is not up to the latest available on M39XX series sets.

KE407122

You can lead a horse to water but you can make glue out of him too.

all phones in those ipe's are one way? are they in the same group?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks KE407122 and John for your fast responses!

John, No and No to your questions. Only a few phones on each cabinet have these symptoms and it is intermittent (some report 1 out of 3 calls with one way audio) both digital and analog sets are affected.... and the IPE's are on different Network groups.

Thanks!!

Don't have any 4.0 systems so I am not sure of the format on them, but my question is have you added to or changed DSP's since this started? If so check the IP address to make sure it is within range and typed correctly. It could be that calls are intermittently hitting a new card which is not configured right and causing this issue.
Forgive me if 4.0 is not set up this way .......!

your problem is probably a DSP resource causing problems - on 4.5 it is most likely a VGMC (MC32)

What you need to do is duplicate problem then trace call to see what port on what card you are using. The best way to do this is to call from an IP phone to a TDM Phone until you duplicate problem. If you have one MC32 in each IPE you may need to call 32 times to each IPE to hit each VGMC port.

Once you identify problem dsp port, reseat card, and test again. if still having problems on same card and port - replace card.

Thanks guys, for all your input!

I'm over my head with this one...Our Telus Tech is in looking at it. When all the dust has settled I'll pass on the fix.

Cheers,

Ron

what type of system? you mentioned ipe cabs so i assume its digital/analog phones and not ip. is it the same phones thats having the issue? why vgmc? are you running cppIV? all calls or internal vs external? incoming or outgoing calls? can you recreate the problem? and if you can have you tried to trace the calls to see any common routing? sorry more questions then you had but intermittant trouble is one of the hardest to fix.

It seems that there were 2 issues. First thing we did was to push/reload the software to the IPE cabinets. This fixed some of the trouble but there were still reports coming in with the distant end not able to hear. Secondly, we replaced a network card (qpc414C)at the main PBX and so far everything seems to be fine.
Thanks again for all of your input. This is a great site!!

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back