Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can GW6 users use Groupwise 6.5 webaccess

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGliddon

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2001
If I upgrade my main site's groupwise 6 to 6.5 will the groupwise 6 users at my other properties have a problem accessing GW 6.5 webaccess?

I know there was an issue with people accessing Groupwise 6 Webaccess if they were at Groupwise 5.5, so I had to upgrade all of my sites to 6 before actually upgrading webaccess to 6.

You can Not use GW6.5 Webaccess to access older Post offices.

What you should do is upgrade your stuff in this order:

Domains
Post office's
GWIA
WebAccess

Also, it's typically okay to upgrade your domain and po's at your main site to 6.5 and leave GWIA and WEBaccess at the older version. Leave them at the old version until you can get the domains and po's at the remote sites upgraded.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Thanks guys, I went ahead and downloaded the upgrade guide from Caledonia.net. I have used their stuff before and it is very informative. I was trying to save the $40, but I guess it is money well spent.

And the answer, like Marvin already stated, is that a Groupwise 6.0 user and not access their mailbox via GroupWise 6.5 webaccess with a default install, but according to the Caledonia book, it can be configured to work.

Thanks again.

Check the Authors of the Caledonia book and Tay Kratzer is probably listed in there somewhere.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back