Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAN GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorg32

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
BE
Hi,

I've a Description line in the section 'Details' with format 'Can grow'.
The thing is that sometimes C.R. does it OK and makes an extra line, but not always!!?

e.g.1.Correct

"Kinderhelm rocket power jongens blauw 50 - 56 cm"
correct result is:
"Kinderhelm rocket power jongens blauw
50 - 56 cm"

e.g.2.INCORRECT

"BTB.MICH. WORLDTOUR 650 X 35A ZW/TR RS"
Incorrect result is:
"BTB.MICH. WORLDTOUR 650 X 35A ZW/TR"

The last 2 ("RS") are gone and C.R. didn't make an extra line!?

It's a nvarchar data field with length 128.

Thanks for helping me.

Jorg

Have you made sure that the field, and also the section it is in can grow?
You may want ot create a section of the details section just for this field, and check that both of them are set to can grow.

where can I set a 'Can Grow' in the Section?

Sorry, my brain was on its tea break when I last posted, that is complete rubbish. If you put the field in a section on its own, and the field is set to can grow (which yours is) then the section will grow with the field. This will make sure that any parts of the field are not being hidden by other fields. It may be that that's not the case, but it's worth checking.
I'm sure the section 'Can Grow' option was there last time I looked, but obviously not!

I'm working with C.R. 8.0.1.0 --> maybe that's the problem?

I've made the field longer and then the whole Description is now visible, but then there are parts of other Descriptions which appear in the next column!!??

What do you mean? Are you using columns? Or have you just put two fields side-by-side?

No I just put 2 fields side by side but I've limited space so I've to use Can Grow.

'Can Grow' should allow the fields to grow downwards though. You might want to look at columns, although I don't see why it doesn't work as it is!
I'm sorry, I think this has actually go you no further at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back