Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Grow BOX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomi2000

ISP
Feb 15, 2001
CA
Dear Fellow Programer
i have a field which i set cangrow property and is placed in a box now when the field is larger then it grows but the box doesn;t grow,,can i do this?
Regards
Nouman

What you can do is ...
Insert below, another section of the Section you are placing this field in and expand the box down till that inserted section. Then the box would also grow along with the field.

I think it would work. Try, and tell me if it does !

Instead of using a box, set Single-line Borders on all four sides of your field.

dear anjanj let me see if it works
what the property of BOX "Expand to Bottom of Section When Printing"
i have checked that and its giving me the desired result but i don't knwo what it means is it works for me for all the cases
Regarsd
Nouman

Selecting "Expand to Bottom of Section When Printing" would actually expand the box till the fields are expanding the section.

This can be done ... but why don't you try :-
Format that Field's border by Right clicking on the field -> Borders and Colors -> And chose Single Line for all the sides (Left, Right, Top Bottom)
This would also work.

Anjana

If the box is around a single field, use a Border instead of a box. This will automatically grow with the field.

If you have multiple fields in one box, use the split section technique. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

dear Ken and otheres
i have more than one field in a box in a section i want if any of that field grow then that box should also grow.what u tell me about split section techq? please explain
Regards
Nouman

You can split a section into multiple subsections by right-clicking on the gray margin on the left (design mode) and selecting "insert section below". Create a subsection for each object, and then a final subsection that is empty. Make sure that the bottom of the box is placed in the empty section at the bottom. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back