Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Crystal Report Handle Print on Reverse of Page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomi2000

ISP
Feb 15, 2001
CA
Hi Guys
I have a question regarding priting on the reverse of a page. I have a report which should be print on 1 Page with some thing on th Revers of the Page? can crystal report handle this? I mean somekind of Event which i can catch at run-time so the user can swap the page and then run the report for the reverse side of the page
Regards
Nouman

Nouman Zaheer
Software Engineer
MSR

Crystal is printer based, so if your printer supports dual sided printing, Crystal will. It does not stop a report and request users to swap pages, you'd need an elaborate piece of code to do this wherein it sends 1 page to the printer at a time.

Note: This is a poor floks way of dual printing anyway, how would it handle errors, jams, etc.

Get a dual sided printer or write and maintain code which will cost you a lot more.

-k

HI Synaps
thaks for suggestion ,now let me know how crystl report knows that some of the report are dual side and some of them not i mean if i have a dual sided printer is there any setting in the Code which i have to tell so one report is printed on both side and another one is not and how i will handle this in Design of that Report
Made one page as one Group in Report and another page as another gourp in report and then make a page-break in between these group?
Regards
Nouman

Nouman Zaheer
Software Engineer
MSR

Hi,
If the report is being run on-demand, the user has compete control over the printing, since it is a client-side function..When the print button is pressed, the Windows printer dialog box opens, and the user can select the 'Duplex' or 'Print on Both sides' option if it is avaiable on the printer they choose.
You can, if you want to encourage them to use it, place a note in the header of the report if you want to remind them of this option.

[profile]

You might use a suppression of the 2nd page and new page after/before to handle this, but your post lacks information to properly assist you.

You wouldn't create a new group for the additional page, you might right click an exosting group and select insert section below, and conditionally suppress this group and conditionally use the new page after/before of the first section to either use 2 sided or print a blank page.

-k

HI guys
Thanks for replies
Synaps One the front of the page i want some information based on a Group say on "Ticket_ID" and on the reverse i want "Some Instructions",so basically i need to add a section below Group Footer # 1 and add my instruction there in Group Footer 1(b) and conditionaly supress the Group Footer # 1(a)and Group Footer # 1(b)
Turkbear yes it will work if i wan't have Windows printer dialog box opens,say for example if i just want to print the report without actually opens that dialog box,so what printer setting code i need to add in at run-time
Regards
Nouman

Nouman Zaheer
Software Engineer
MSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back