Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can CreateObject, but can't call method

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdrenfrew

Programmer
Aug 1, 2002
GB
Hello,

can anyone suggest a possible reason for being able to call CreateObject("MyObject.clsMyClass"), but then being unable to create an instance of the same class (using set myObj = CreateInstance("MyObject.clsMyClass") )?

The CreateObject call exists in an exe, then the CreateInstance is in a DLL.

I get error 424: object required.

Thanks

have you implemented objectcontrol interface which is required for a com+ component/mts component.check whether your dll has been loaded peoperly under com+ services

Thanks for your reply ramkinavy.

there were no obvious errors or messages when I was adding the dll to com+.

I created a new package, just for these dlls and added them to this new package. The application worked fine.

I don't know if there is a limit on the number of dlls you can add to one package, maybe i went over this limit (i think there are about 40 dlls in the main package).

thanks anyway.
graeme

Hi,
Just wondering how you dimensioned the object. Also did you also add the type library to the component services.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back