Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can CR print first all the section a's then section b' ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartvb

Programmer
Nov 29, 2001
BE
I have a report with three sections:
section a, section b, section c

and let's say 3 elements.

Now CR prints
a1 * b1 * c1 * a2 * b2 * c2 * a3 * b3 * c3

what i would like to have is the following =>
a1 * a2 * a3 * b1 * b2 * b3 * c1 * c2 * c3

Thanks, Bart

Are you sure you are talking about sections? Examples of crystal sections are Report Header and Report Footer, Page Header and Page Footer, And Details. (In fact ALL crystal reports have at least these 5 sections, although you can suppress them). Also there are any number of group headers and footers you can created, based upon how many groupings you create, and you can make multiple sections of any type section listed above.

I believe you are talking about the detail section of the report and the order that you want it printed out. Normally you can accomplish this with sorting, but your data were horizontal instead of vertical.

Please clarify this for me and I'll try to help. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Sorry... Indeed, i'm talking about DETAIL a, DETAIL b, DETAIL c

Now CR prints
a1 * b1 * c1 * a2 * b2 * c2 * a3 * b3 * c3

By sorting the records i can accomplish for examola

a3 * b3 * c3 * a1 * b1 * c1 * a2 * b2 * c3

what i would like to have is the following =>
a1 * a2 * a3 * b1 * b2 * b3 * c1 * c2 * c3

I'm still confused. You're talking about detail a,b & c, bur your data is still one dimensional, namely vertical. How about showing me how it is laid out in 2 dimensional form?

Are you using a subreport for details b & c or is all that data a part of the same database? Maybe you could email me your report. Dgilsdorf@altavista.com
Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back