Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Call Pilot Email the Voice message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Option81

Technical User
Dec 3, 2002
US
Can Call Pilot (1001rp) email the actual voice message or does it email you just the notification that a new voice mail is in the mailbox?

Thanks

Yes, It can. If you have the callpilot sofware installed. ( callpilot comes default with 20 desktop licenses?? )

Using email notification will only tell you that you have a voicemail. The 1001r was 1.07 and could be upgraded to 2.2. That platform is no longer supported by Nortel, it was replaced by the 1002r. It did support desktop messaging and back then you got 5 licenses when you bought the server. The 20 is a promo package offered by Nortel to go from MM to CP, that promo end this month.

we got the 20 lic when we went from mm to cp 3.0 and yes my voicemails are wav files in groupwise. i've also installed it in other vm apps and it is a great feature.. one site bought 100's of lic so there sales force could use a dialup internet provider, go to the company site and check there email and voice mail at the same time. a lot of them did not have a phone at the office at all, just a phantom, with a did and a voice mail.. a few had that box tied to there comapny cell...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'd like CallPilot to email the "WAV" file to an email address for archival proposes. Then the user can delete the voicemails in they CallPilot but we would have "copies" of the original voicemail messages in their email inboxs.

The CallPilot mailbox will be used for a "call out" line. We need to keep the messages for a X amount of time. Maybe 45-60 days. But don't want the person that listens to the voicemails to be able to deleted any of the messages.

If there is a way to give someone "Read Only" access to CallPilot that might work also.

I just thought if Call Pilot could email each message to a separate email inbox then the user could deleted voicemail daily but we would still have a "Copy" if we need to go back an review that message at a later date.

-- Thanks

what i do is build a folder on the users desktop, they can drag the voice mail into there, when they do that the delete in the voice mail can't link to the pc app. makes it nice when you can attach the voice mail to an email

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It's more like they (Management) wants to be able to go back and prove a person called out if there's a dispute. The person checking the message is not management. So they could delete a voice mail on purpose or by accident then the person that called out can't prove that they did call out.

I know it sounds weird, but that's why we're here. To find solutions to make management happy!

Not sure what release you are running but in 4.0 there is a message archive feature that will e-mail a copy of every CallPilot message the system processes to a single e-mail address you specify. However, it only sends them in .vbk format.

rls four, will solve that, but you can also build a class of service that saves sent msgs... cheap usually makes the "man" estatic..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm currently running 02.01.27. Can I build a Read-Only COS so the user can't delete any messages and just allow the system delete messages over 45 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back