Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can BCMS Get You Any Worthwhile Call Center Reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDTurk

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2009
US
We just started our first call center on July 1. Before I continue my research on BCMS reporting, is it safe to assume that I will never get worthwhile reports if all I have to work with is BCMS? I mean, the limitation of only seven days worth of history alone seems to suggest this. Thanks.

S8730 Processors (Redundncy/Mirror Img)
Aura 5.2 (Communication Manager)

BCMS is the very basic reporting capability available on Avaya. if you need details report, CMS is the platform.
BCMS manages data in simple tables with limtation on the size. If you need to look at more days data in BCMS report, look at extracting the data from BCMS to SQL & run sql queries to generate reports as you want.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another failure with no loss of enthusiasm & energy - Winston Churchill

You can get pretty good information from BCMS, but like Definity said you have to run the report more often. This would then allow you to produce more in the lines of historical reports.

CMS is very expensive. With BCMS free with the system, its sometimes hard to justify the added cost of upgrading to CMS.
The next step above BCMS is BCMS VU. This is still a lot cheaper than CMS but gives you some additional features.

But if you have to make do with what you have, then use the report scheduler and run them on the hour for good measurements.

This guide will help.

Avaya Communication Manager
Call Center Software
Basic Call Management System (BCMS)
Operations
07-300061

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. In my career I have installed 100 or so BCMS, BCMSVu and BCMR call centers. To answer you question, in an EAS call center, NO you will never be happy with BCMS reporting.

It is a big customer complaint that BCMS will never show you how many calls an agent took in each skill, it will never separate extension calls in and out, and you cannot report on AUX reason codes or call work codes

My strategy has been to show a customer the productivity benefits of CMS, which can easily justify the costs. The CMS Agent TRACE function alone has tremendous benefit, along with Exceptions and many other CMS features. The decision maker must be shown how CMS is a great product.

However if you must use bCMS, I have some tips and tricks, such as using ASA to schedule and e-mail reports so you don't lose the data, and setting up your call center in a way to maximize the BCMS functions. Feel free to contact me for more info

Andy Backs
Dell Services

I just remembered 2 important points

If you have to use BCMS, then get the PDF of the BCMS Reports guide and read it

Also - for any call center, remember that Vu-Stats is a wonderful feature if set up correctly - very flexible and can give valuable call center real time and HISTORICAL data to agents and supervisors

Andy Backs
Dell Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back