Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can backup Exchange 5.5 mailboxes and c$ but not Info Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny4Ever

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2002
GB
Below are entries from log file: I recently changed the Exchange Service account and since then I can back up the c$ the d$ the server's system state and all of the mailboxes but not the Info store or Directory store??? I can backup Priv.edb Pub.edb and Dir.edb as part of the D$ backup.

My 2 questions are 1) (most importantly) Why are just these 2 components failing? 2) and what is the difference between backing up the actual files: Priv.edb Pub.edb and Dir.edb and backing up the Store through the Veritas Exchange Agent?

--------------------------------------------------------

Backup started on 22/05/2003 at 20:59:37 .
The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Unable to open the item Directory - skipped.

The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Unable to open the item Information Store - skipped.
---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for any ideas
Sunny

Hi Sunny4ever,

I am having a similiar problem to you (the same error message).

Haven't managed to resolve it yet - but I do know that the difference between backing up the dir.edb, pub.edb and priv.edb files, to backing up the information store with the exchange agent is that the agent allows you to do it while the server is live. You cannot backup those files completely while the exchange services are running without the agent.

it is a permissions problem. add the group that the user backupexec is a part of to the private and public information store on the exchange server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back