Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can ASA connecting to 2 ISPs be configured for backup peers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunyasee

ISP
Apr 8, 2002
GB
Hi

Bit of a strange question.

I have an ASA that has connections to two different ISPs. There are about 10 remote sites that connect into it over VPN. What I want to do is connect one interface to ISP 1 and another to ISP 2. The idea is that some remote sites use ISP 1 interface address on the ASA as primary VPN peer address and the ISP2 address as the secondary peer address. Others use ISP2 as primary and ISP1 as secondary so therefore the traffic is shared and they have a backup connection if one ISP link goes down. Does this sound possible? I have found a document on cisco that explains how to track a route to a destination IP and if this IP is unreachable the route disappears from the ASA routing table. But will the ASA be clever enough to send traffic to another peer if the route changes? Obviously there will be crypto access-lists that look the same and this might cause problems? Has anyone tried something like this before?

Thanks

----

Sunyasee

Hi Sunyasee,

Im also looking for the same kind of solution. Have u got any support on this requirement. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Siva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back