Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can anyone recommend a good firewall 4 win2k server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

klos81

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2003
US
I've heard about Black Ice pc edition, and theyu said that it would work with win2k server, is that true?

Klos

Thanks Everyone,
You guys have been very helpful, but if i decide about going for the Cisco Pix IS. How much will it cost, cause my boss doesn't really want to expend to much money.
I know that sounds absurd cause you can't be cheap when it comes down to your LANS and DATA Integrity,
The thing is that we only have about 30 Pc's in our LAN so in this case scenario what would you really recommend for me and my LAN's sake.

Best Regards
Klos

Pix 506 - errm depends what money your working in- it will cost you about £660 which is about $800.
Configuration isnt easy thugh for the layman-- but you do get a thick manual.

MCSE NT&2K,CCNA/CCDA,CNA,ASE,NSP

If your going to post-- say somthing instead of Googling a URL link

what do you have to say about watchguard or something for my 30 LAN pc's

what do you have to say about watchguard or something formy 30 LAN pc's in terms of a Good and Affordable Firewall.

If you have 30pcs running, stay away from software entirely. Its going to be cheaper, simply because you won't have to buy licenses for every machine, you won't have to worry about problems communicating between your servers and the rest of the network, AND thats one less thing you have to worry about as far as the users "PLAYING" with the settings.

Hardware firewall is what you want to go with. Specs for different devices, I have no clue about.

GOD I love the smell of NOS in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back