Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can anyone recommend a good book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarky78

Programmer
Oct 19, 2000
GB
I am a complete novice at photoshop and am looking for recommendations for a good book to help me get away from being completley incompetent with photoshop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tony

Hi,

I would recommend getting Adobe's own Classroom in a book. That series is very good.

Hope this heslp!
relax.gif

-Classroom in a Book

-Photoshop WOW! Book

-Quickstart Series

Or you could try the 'Inside Photoshop' books from New Riders. I found the Inside Photoshop 6 book to be very worthwhile.

-------------------
Mark Edwards
Consultant
Infrasolve Ltd.
e: mark.edwards@infrasolve.com
-----------------

The above readings are very good, ShortOrder Adobe Photoshop is also very good.

There are many good references for photoshop but many are designed for different experience levels.

If you have a good bookshop or library you should spend some time browsing to find the one that most fits your needs.

hi

i would suggest picking up a photoshop video if you learn better from someone showing you rather than just reading about it.

the photoshop for beginners is very good (for beginners)
tie that in with a book and you will be set. the books will make more sense after watching the video.

but that is just me perhaps?

cj

thanks guys I'm gonna have a look at all your suggestions and see what suits me the best

thanks again!

There is one book that stands out from all the others for "general" Photoshop learnng.

That book is Photoshop 7 Bible by Deke McClelland. The best source to get it from is
I have a very large PS library, nad this si the book to learn anything/everything related to Photoshop.

Ron Hirsch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back