Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can anyone recommend a BCM expert to help a DIY'er

Status
Not open for further replies.

spmcevoy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2009
US
I have exceeded my BCM do it yourself capactity.

Can anyone out there recommend a company or consultant that can help us out with our BCM 1000? (not trying to recruit, just looking for recommendations)

We are in the Sacramento, CA area. The local Nortel folks we have hired so far are nearly clueless on the BCM gear.

I suppose the help could come from anywhere.

We have an older BCM 1000 on 3.7 that is working great, and we are wanting to expand.

We have a list of projects to undertake:
- Is it worth updating to 5.0, and what would this take
- Adding BCM 50's to our remote offices, and linking them in
- Adding a few additional IP phones
- Getting QoS setup on our Cisco routers/VPN tunnels
- Is there LAN/CTE and Unified messaging clients that work with Windows 7 and Outlook 2007.

Thanks

Steve
MME Consulting, Inc.

Try your local telco? Who's in Cali...Verizon? ...AT&T? ...Bellsouth?

Look on the nortel site for partners,you can put in your location and all the partners in your area will be shown.You do not need to register on the site to see that info.

Good suggestions, but the local telco's don't do Nortel, and have no clue about a BCM. We have had very poor luck contacting local Nortel reps. On our third one, they ALWAYS have to get someone else to help, someone we never get access to. Trying to find someone we know will be an expert on their own.

Any other suggestions?

Well just as a note per what your wanting to do. The 1000 can be upgraded no farther than 3.7 you have to go to at leaset a 400. But I don't know if you can order one through Nortel still as the 450 came out to replace it. As far as the Cisco side you will probably have a difficult time finding someone with both skillsets to undertake programming a BCM, and then also handle the Cisco side. You could try contacting Highwire they are a contracting firm who might have someone in their repetoire of people.

Actually, if you are in the Sac area AT&T does handle Nortel equipment. It's just a matter of getting in touch of the right department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back