Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can anyone point me to a tutorial on getting Crystal Reports to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfoot

Programmer
May 4, 1999
US
I know how to make the report. How do I get it to sho up and run? And how do I enter a name and password in code and NEVER have it pop up again.

There are no articale anywhere that I can find and the MS help for .net is useless for beginners. I'm about fed up with the .net environment. It stinks for help.

There are only about 10 forums for that product at Tek-Tips. Here is one forum149

-pete

Thanks Pete, but my problem is not with Crystal. It's getting it to work in the net environment. It works ok in VB6.

I think I found the answer. In the help of all places. I just found a tutorial in the .NET help with pictures and links. Found it under getting started. All the way at the bottom of the page in tiny letters.

Wow! More paydirt. Cool. Thanks.

There is not much information on this. You have to dig deep for a tutorial. Most assume you know what you are doing with .NET. I'm just starting out. Been a programmer for 20 yrs, and I feel just like I know nothing again. :)

Thank you so much. That article is worth it weight in gold. They go over everything. As soon as I get this, I'm going to write a faq so others don't have to go down this road. And they even covered datasets and logon information.

And how to export to pdf. Now I have to see if I can export without using the viewer.

Anyone use the viewer in their web pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back