Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myaccess2000

Technical User
Aug 4, 2002
SG
Hi,

I need to generate a report based on two queries. First query is retrieving data based on start date and end date. The second query is retrieving data before the start date.

The report will base on common key name "code" to display the results in the report. I try to join the two queries together but it always result null. So is there any ways that i can generate this report?

Regards
Irene

Irene - keep the queries separate. Design TWO reports - one for the first query, and one for the second.

When you have all FOUR compenents behaving the way you want them to, design a THIRD REPORT. But don't base it on anything.

Drop the first two reports onto the THIRD REPORT as SUBREPORTs.

When you run the THIRD REPORT, it will run the first and second reports, and their backing queries.

If you have any trouble, let us know.

Jim How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand...
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Hi,

The format that i want is not that way. It should display result as below.
result of key 1 in query 1
result of key 1 in query 2
result of key 2 in query 1
result of key 2 in query 2

regards
irene

If the data is the same in both queries (meaning same number of columns and same data types) then you can try a union query...basically that will combine the results of both of your queries into one. I'm not sure if this is feasible in your case, so I won't get into more details, but if that's what you want then check it out or ask for some more help. Hope that helps.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back