Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can anyone help me with this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyeditor

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
NO
Read this first:
After you have read the article can you please describe to me what i'm supposed to do with the last sentence:

"And to convert URL strings into Hyperlinks in any given string, just pass the string to "convertIntoURL" as below:

newString = convertIntoURL(myString)"

What does he meen? I don't get it..

Salute from Boyeditor

ok i'm going to guess here - because your right they do not really define "string" in this instance.

Probably a misuse of the word as we know it.

At anyrate, I'm guessing String in this case means your text - the text you want to display.

If you have it into a database, try

newString = convertIntoURL(recordset1.fields.item("mytext").Value)

or something along those lines - this is a pretty decent bit of code - i'm going to try it out myself, will post the results.

On a separate note, Boydeditor for future reference, please provide a bit of background as to what you are trying to accomplish, and typically I(we) do not have time to read articles then try to solve a problem.

Don't get me wrong, it's ok - i'm really glad you did post that article, just trying to help to let you get better post responses in the future.

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

-Adm. James Farragut

Stuart

yup string is your text.

but actually where they say do this
newString = convertIntoURL(recordset1.fields.item("mytext").Value)

put this where you want the text to display (switch to code view to accomplish this)

<%
response.write (convertIntoURL(
strString))
%>

now you've got to change (
strString) to whatever source you are going to get your text from. be it recordset1.fields.item(&quot;txtText&quot;).value or wherever.

nifty code.
&quot;Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!&quot;

-Adm. James Farragut

Stuart

Yep I had a look at the code and was going to play around with it a bit later but you beat me to it.

Cheech The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

thats some sweet code. &quot;Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!&quot;

-Adm. James Farragut

Stuart

Thanks schase. That realy did it. I'm not realy a asp coder, but i know how to use it and control it. In Dreamweaver MX I usualy know how to implement the code, but this time got stuck.

Thanks again!!

I will also take your advise and remember it for next thread...

Salute from Boyeditor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back