Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can analog phones on a Nortel Option 81c do call waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hav0k99

MIS
Apr 29, 2004
US
I customer is requesting to see if this is possible.

Yes. Try adding cwa to the cls of the set. when you are on the call you should get an audible indication that there is another call than press and release the switch hook quickly to switch to the other call.

To program call waiting use the following:

For analog phones, use cls - cwa.
For digital phones , use cls - swa.
key 1 cwt

Terry

Does it have to be on key one? or just on analog

Why would you put a call waiting key on a digital? That's one I haven't heard of yet!

EddieDuece Back in the old days (1979) when I started on Nortel CWA and Call waiting Key was used 90% of the time, don't ask me why.

back then it was a cheap way to add a second line and we used tons of then... a 2006 could use a cwa key but i don't think i would add one to my 3904

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

EddieDuece, how do you all normally do call waiting on a digital set? In the Caribbean anything's possible!

Tell me this. How hard is it to go to work down in the Caribbean. I don't think I could do it! It's hard enough to go here in the tropical Northwest!

key 0 mcr 4940
key 1 mcr 4940
key 2 mcr 4940
key 4 scr 54940

lhk 4 hnut to mail, other wise without key 4, you get hunt treatment during a ring cycle... but i wish i was in the Caribbean... bikini season is longer

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Actually it's the hurricane season right now. Most the questions I ask on this forum have been as a result of work done by our telco. We've taken over all our PBX's and I'm just trying to clean up the database and make sense of ALL they've done.

John, so if somone calls 4940 and it's busy it goes to key 1 etc. (i.e. it hunts basically). On the phones at work there's a key labelled CallWait.

Thanks guys.

Terry

on an acd set, calls waiting makes sense.. not on a digital station that can have more then one line (2006,3902).. mcr keys all flash at the same time, when i'm on key 0 the next call rings and flashes key 1 and 2.. the scr is never used unless two calls hit at the same time

key 0 scr 4904
key 1 scr 54904

with cls hta hunt 000 (or mail) and lhk to 1, negates the need of call waiting keys.. post one of your sets and we can make a few sugestions

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

same season in south carolina.. here's a clean up tip most of us miss..

Code:
ld 117
inv generate midnight

that turns on the feature, then anytime you need
Code:
inv prt sets

that gives you the as-built as well as the actual type of each digital set in the switch.. they need to match,it also gives you missing phones, lost tn's and tn's someone just marked bad and didn't fix.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, This is a typical set on the system. Thanks for the inventory tip.

REQ: prt
TYPE: tnb
TN 96 0 0 3
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES TDAVID
TN 096 0 00 03 VIRTUAL
TYPE I2002
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0