Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can an MISP Loop be next to a Superloop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarHead2078

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2011
US
I’m looking to install ISDN line service at a location that I work at and have some questions. I need to provide 6 ISDN BRI lines for two separate video tele-conferencing (VTC) systems. The switch is an Option 61C that was later upgraded to an 81C.

I know the steps and everything to set up ISDN BRI line service for my switch, but I’m not sure about the MISP Loop.

I have superloops set up in core/net module 0-1, the superloops are 20, 24, and 28. I need to install ISDN line cards (UILC) in shelf 20-0 and 24-1. Do I need only one MISP or do I need two, and where do I install the MISP card? I know I can only install in slots 0-7 in a core/net module but I am not sure if I can install an MISP Loop that close to a superloop, i.e. MISP loop 22, 26, or 30.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Superloop 20 uses all of Loops 20-23, Superloop 24 uses all of Loops 24-27 and Superloop 28 uses all of Loops 28-31, so to answer your question no you can't put a MISP in Loop 22. 26 or 30.

Thanks for the reply, that is what I thought but was not sure. If the core/net module is full then can I put the MISP in another network group and point the line cards to it?

Thanks,

Just for clarification, let me see if I understand this correctly.
So, I can put an MISP card in Network group 1-1, let's say loop 58, and install UILC line cards in any shelf, lets say 20-0 or 24-1?

Yes you can, there is a recomendation to have the silcs on a superloop in the same network shelf to avoid tying up some inter group connections, but it will definately work.

OK, then maybe I did something wrong. I have an MISP installed in network group 1 loop 58, I have a BRSC card installed in IPE 48-0 with 5 UILC cards. I should be able to assoiciate at least 3 more UILC cards to the MISP. I tried to install a UILC card in IPE 112-1 and got an error that said in could not find the MISP loop.

Got any ideas. I know I could put an MISP card in network group 3 and then install up to 4 UILC cards in the same network group and it would work. Looks like I can only install UILC cards in the same network group as the MISP card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back