Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a second server, be setup as an FTP site

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabrock

MIS
Aug 31, 2006
US
We are trying to set-up an FTP site.

We have two servers, one is the DC with AD and IIS installed, the second one is NOT a backup DC, and although it does have AD installed it does not have IIS.

So, can we make a folder on the second server the destination for FTP?

Thanks.

So, as you mentioned, I just added installed IIS to the second server, when I try to access it I get a 550 error, Access is Denied.

I followed the tutorial found at but despite this I can not seem to get it to work.

I also made sure I set-up our router's NAT to route any traffic on Port 21 to the second server's internal IP address.

Any ideas?

Hmm, usually DSL from my experience had been pretty open and not blocking ports at their level.. Cable is a different story sometimes..Does the second server have a static IP as well or is there a route from the WAN pointing to it? have you tried testing to see if you can connect to the FTP address internally with no problems? or does the same error come up locally and remotely?

Are you using IE to test the connection? If so, have you tried logging into the FTP via IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back