Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a NT 4.0 server be upgraded to W2000 PRO without problems? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrh6570

MIS
Jan 6, 2003
US
I have a NT 4.0 server that is not really used in a server fashion. The Programs on it can be run easily on w2000 pro.

Can we upgrade to win2000 pro or is this asking for trouble.
Anyone tried this?

Thanks

I upgraded recently and the transition went smooth, in fact my system is fast than ever. Here's a tip just in case you're not as lucky tho: backup, backup, backup. :)

***think for yourself. question authority.***

Really, I mean, can we upgrade a NT SERVER to a 2000 Professional which is a workstation OS?????

I think win2kpro upgrade will see NT4 server as a proper upgrade path, and will deny upgrading..

if its "not really used as a server" then why not wipe clean and install fresh? that will give you the best possible bsae on which to start using win2k!

Dogers,

That's what we did, I was just wondering. A couple of the techs I talked to said the same thing.

Thanks for the replies, Already found an answer to a Novell problem we were having. This is a great site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back