Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a mailbox have no greeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnorak

Vendor
Jul 18, 2004
US
I'm looking for a way to have a mailbox answer and not play any greeting. I tried a 0 byte wave file in the greetings folder but that just reverts to the system greeting.

Here's the why: I have a customer who has multiple support Hunt Groups. He wants different greetings for each support mailbox and wants the messages for all the support mailboxes to be copied to one mailbox. So far that's easy, I created Hunt Groups with only the destination mailbox as a member, set them to broadcast and created custom leave mail actions on the actual Hunt Groups to point to the dummy ones.

The problem is on his old system certain customers know that they can dial 9 and ring back the support group instead of leaving a message but he doesn't want this option announced in the greeting and doesn't want to have to call every one of those customers to tell them that they now need to press a different number. I wanted to use a Menu Action to announce the "leave a message" greeting and have 9 ring back the group and timeout dump into the mailbox. The problem is that the actual mailbox always plays some form of greeting.

Any suggestions?

Just make a greeting with two wav,s.

1.(Menu) Welcome to avaya we are not in the position to take your call dial a 9 to go to the reception or leave your message.

2.(Leave Mailbox) After the Beep

Greets Peter

I had one client who wanted no prompt on his mailbox, so I sent him a wav file containing 0.1 seconds of silence and told him to rename it to his user name and put it in the Greetings and Names directories. You can do the same for the hunt groups.

You could also use the Voice Question Action.
Normally this action is to ask the caller several questions and let them speak their answers to those questions in one message.
If you play no question and still make a recording setting for 2 minutes or so you can send this recording to a specified mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back