Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a group footer be set to start at fixed point on page? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

marabou

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2001
GB
I have a problem with a report I am doing where I may have 1 or many lines in the detail section which hold values. I then want sums of these values to appear in the group footer section.

My problem is that as I am printing on pre-printed forms, the group footer section must start 21.5 cms down the page. I can't seem to find anywhere where this can be set, I know I can sort of solve the problem using the report footer, but this still won't start at a fixed point on the paper.

You cannot specify a place for a group foot to reside on a page. It cannot be done.

What you are looking for is a PAGE FOOTER. This can be positioned on the page and then display the current value of the group footer. Simply place the subtotal and other information on the page footer and make the section as large as necessary. You will want to check the property,
"new page after" on the group footer section. You may want to make the group footer very small.

Howard Hammerman,

Crystal Reports training, consulting, books, training material, software, and support. Scheduled training in 8 cities.
howard@hammerman.com
800-783-2269

I suppose you are in portrait mode with 8.5" x 11' paper so the length of your paper is about 28cm

you should be able to control a group footer by setting the section expert checkbox for "Print at the bottom of the page" .

Now take into account the size of the page footer (for example 2 cm), then make the group footer to 4.5cm and place your fields accordingly.

Should work fine....make sure that you place a "keep together" in the section expert. you will have the occassional awkward 2 page result when the detail lines move into the footer territory but you may be able to control that by splitting to a new page after a certain number of detail lines have been printed

Thanks, HowardHammerman and Ngolem, both solutions work brilliantly, although I have gone with the page footer solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back