Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can a grid be created using SQL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaleen7

MIS
Jun 23, 2002
US
Can a grid be created using SQL?

I want to create a grid around some data.

Name Address
John 3 Hunter Drive
Mary 4 Donald Ave
Ken 12 Kendall Road

The above data would appear in a grid/table ( 2 Columns by 4 Rows) . Can that be accomplished using SQL? If so, where can I find sample scripts.

what do you mean by grid? you mean you want to see the data in a table formate (something like in html) in query analyzer?

Kishore

By grid table, do you mean a nice form with the lines around the entries? If so, no SQL Server will not do that. It's not a 'front-end' application.

Having said that, Query Analyzer can DISPLAY the results of a query in a grid. But that grid format is not 'saveable' to my knowledge.

-SQLBill

If you need it to be in a "front end" application, you could create a Table as mentioned above, then export it to Excel using SQL's Data Transformation Services.

you could also connect to the database with excel and call the query from excel...then store a DQY file and it will be current data everytime you run it

bassguy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back